This is the second of Elisa from Happy Skin Kitchen’s exclusive recipes for The Food Doctor. Elisa says, “this is perfect dinner for when you are in hurry and you want something quick, filling and delicious. I love all the Asian inspired flavours which they just work perfectly with the fried tofu and cashew nuts.”
1. Place the rice noodles in a bowl and cover them with boiling water and let sit for 5-10 minutes until they become soft while you are preparing the rest.
2. Whisk all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl until combined and set aside onto side.
3. Heat the coconut oil to a large pan on medium heat. Add the tofu pieces and cook them onto each side for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low and add the sauce, give it a quick toss and then add the drained rice noodles.
4. The noodles should be soft but still chewy. If they are still a bit hard add another splash of water and keep cooking the noodles in the pan.
5. Transfer the noodles into a bowl and add the cashews, chopped spring onion and mixed seeds.
200g of rice noodles
1 handful cashews, roughly chopped
250g of firm tofu sliced into cubes
1 teaspoon of coconut oil
For the sauce:
2 spring onions, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp of smooth and runny peanut butter
2 tbsp of coconut aminos sauce
1 tbsp of tamari sauce
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp chilli flakes
2 tbsp water
Extra fresh spring onion finely chopped
2 tbsp of The Food Doctor Super Seeds Mix