1. To start the parmigiana preheat the grill to on high and put a large tray on a shelf close to the heat. Top the ends off the courgettes and aubergines, slice into rounds about 1⁄2 cm thick, then place in a bowl. Toss together with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, the dried oregano and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Spread the vegetables on the hot tray and slide under the heat (you may need to do this in batches, as you want the veg in one layer). Grill for 10 minutes, or until browned, then flip the veg grill for a further 5 minutes. Keep an eye on the veg as it grills, then tip into a bowl. You can do this on a griddle pan if you prefer.
3. Meanwhile, make your sauce. Pick the basil leaves, set aside and finely chop the stalks. Peel and finely chop the garlic cloves. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat, add the garlic, onion and basil stalks. Fry gently for a few minutes until softened, before adding half the tomatoes (save the rest of another day), the borlotti beans, and 200ml of water. If you have red wine or vegetable stock handy you could use this instead.
4. Add the chilli flakes and cook for 15 minutes, or until the sauce reaches a thick consistency and the tomatoes taste sweet and cooked through. Taste and season, then pour over the vegetables. Tear over the basil leaves and mix to
5. Arrange the aubergine and courgette slices in a shallow baking dish and tear over the mozzarella. Sprinkle with your seed mix and grate over the Parmesan, then slide back under the grill. Grill until the cheese has melted and the
seeds have toasted.
6. Meanwhile, mix the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper, then toss through the spinach or rocket.
7. Toast the pitta breads and split in half, drizzle with a small amount of olive oil, and then rub a cut garlic clove across each toast.
8. When the parmigiana is bubbling and delicious, divide between plates and serve with the rocket and pitta toasts.
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 45 mins
For the Aubergine
3 large courgettes
4 medium to large aubergines
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 large bunch of fresh basil
5 cloves of garlic, peeled
2 white onions, finely chopped
2 x 390g tins or cartons of crushed tomatoes
1 x 400g tin of borlotti beans
1 pinch dried chilli flakes
100 g buffalo mozzarella
60g The Food Doctor Super Seed mix
60g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
Juice of 1 lemon
150 g baby rocket or spinach
4 x The Food Doctor Multiseed & Cereal Pitta bread
1 garlic clove, cut