- Preheat oven to 180c and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add the sliced peppers and courgettes onthe tray and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan on a medium heat add the other tablespoon of oil along with the sliced red onion.
- Add the garlic granules and a pinch of salt. Saute for a few minutes.
- Next add the balsamic glaze and mushrooms. Combine and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Wilt the spinach in a saucepan or microwave.
- Toast the bagels if desired and begin constructing by adding the wilted spinach first.
- Add a teaspoon of hummus to each bagel and spread.
- Next add the balsamic onion and mushroom mix, followed by the roasted peppers and courgettes.
- Smother the remaining bagel half in another teaspoon of hummus and add to the top. Enjoy.
Serves 3 people
Prep: 10 mins
Cooking: 25 mins
3 x The Food Doctor Energy Bagels
1 x Red pepper (thinly sliced)
1 x Yellow pepper (thinly sliced)
1 x Courgette (thinly sliced)
150g mushrooms (sliced)
1 teaspoon of balsamic glaze
1/2 teaspoon of garlic granules
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
2 handfuls of spinach
6 teaspoons of hummus