These Mexican sweet potatoes are packed full of veggies, topped with our Mexican Bean Chilli mix and are a great source of fibre.
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F and add the sweet potatoes to two baking trays.
2. After 50 minutes, add a drizzle of oil to a saucepan over a medium heat and add the black beans.
3. Season with salt, cumin, paprika and garlic granules. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes until heated through.
4. In a separate saucepan saute the sliced peppers for a few minutes.
5. Next, in a bowl mash the avocados and mix in the sliced chilli, lime juice and red onion.
6. Allow the sweet potatoes to cool slightly before carefully slicing down the middle and pulling apart.
7. Add black beans and peppers, before topping with guacamole, Mexican chilli bean mix and fresh coriander
8. Serve immediately
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 1 Hour
4 Sweet Potatoes
2 cans of black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 tablespoon of cumin
1 tablespoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of garlic granules
1 Red Pepper (sliced)
1 Yellow Pepper (sliced)
1 Red Chilli (finely diced)
Juice from 1 lime
1/2 Red Onion (finely diced)
The Food Doctor Mexican Chilli Bean Mix